Thursday, March 03, 2005

Let's see how long this lasts.

So a couple nights ago I was surfing the web and thinking that I ought to do something more productive with my time. Thing is, I didn't just want to do something productive, I wanted to do something worthwhile, something interesting. "What is it that the world needs right now?" I asked myself. "What is it that we've got a serious shortage of that I could maybe take care of?" And then it hit me: Of course! A film blog!

I don't expect that anyone will ever wind up reading this, yet I'm writing it as if I intend it for an audience already. Kinda silly, kinda self-conscious, whatever. I'm a film student at Emerson College in Boston right now, I'm a sophomore, 19 years old, name's Andrei. Since I've been here, I just transferred in this semester, I've noticed that I watch a whole hell of a lot of movies. Like at least two a day usually. I usually look up some essays on the films after I watch them, read up a little bit and that's the end of the story.

So a couple nights ago I'm surfing the web and I see all these people keeping screening logs, writing about the movies they've seen, internalizing them, trying to talk about them and I start to remember how much better I process something when I try to talk about it and so here I am. If other people can write about movies, so can I. Maybe not well, but I think it'll help me out, so this is going to be a learning process for me. These are going to be my study notes, I guess. Hopefully I don't slack off on this thing. I suppose this was a foolish time to launch the thing since I'm going on Spring Break in a couple days visiting a friend and won't likely get the opportunity to update this until the week ends, but at least it's started. Now I just need to make sure it keeps going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home