Monday, September 03, 2007

August in Retrospect

I took this picture in Gibraltar:


On the one hand, I haven't put up any more of those movie blurbs since the first one, but on the other hand I really haven't seen many more movies since then. I was going to do a Phillip Marlowe threefer, which you'll see below in the list, but I didn't do that because I'd done the Naked Lunch/Ivan one a while after those movies and I wanted to give it a few days in between blurbs, but then I had to deal with moving out of my apartment and leaving Boston and preparing for a two week trip with my family out of the country, which I just got back from last night, and I just didn't find the time. I've been without internet and movies for half of August. The good news is I swam in the ocean a bunch, rode a camel, saw a ton of neat stuff, smoked some Cuban cigars and read a whole lot. But no movies. And last night I was too tired. I watched like 20 minutes of a Laurel and Hardy short earlier this morning, but that's been it if you don't count the two hour version of Spider-Man 3 I watched on the plane back home in between moments where I dozed off, read from my book or looked out the window. I watched a few episodes of Deadwood here and there, too. Show's incredible, by the way.

Now I've got to get my act together. I'm working on this screenplay, trying to organize myself to move out to Los Angeles in the next couple months (cliché, I know) and I've got a lot of movie watching to get done, too. As soon as I see some movies, I'll try and write about them. Here's the rest of the stuff I saw in August:

The Long Goodbye, Robert Altman. [A] august 3rd 2007.
Murder, My Sweet, Edward Dmytryk. [B] august 4th 2007.
Lady in the Lake, Robert Montgomery. [F] august 4th 2007.
Buffalo Bill and the Indians or Sitting Bull's History Lesson, Robert Altman. [B+] august 7th 2007.
The Bourne Identity, Doug Liman. [A-] august 11th 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home